pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Slipping into Sweet Potatoes

From the country...

An example of a slip sprouting from the eye of the sweet potato

Sweet potato slips growing



The slip twisted off and placed in water to root.
 It has been awhile since I have talked about the my sweet potato slip experiment and I think it looks pretty successful thus far. The sweet potato has sent down it's roots and slips have begun to sprout from the eyes of the potatoes. I have been babying them a bit I must admit, making sure the water level is at the top of the mason jar and misting them frequently. The plant is a beautiful purple/green and looks very robust.

Once the slip has grown taller (3-4inches) you simply twist the slip off and place it into water for it to root.

Next step is to watch the slip root and then I get ready for planting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It "> Related Posts with Thumbnails Pin It