pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Millie Mae Born on Valentine's Day!

From the country...





Amelia Mae Boyd graced us with her presence on Valentine's Day morning. Lil' Millie is a calm, plump (all nine and a half pounds of her!), and snuggly baby girl. Yep, I can officially say girl! After two of the worlds best baby boys, I can now say I am the proudest Momma of a little girl named after my favourite person in the whole world, my sister Amelia.

Will she fall right into the groove here and become our newest farm hand? Will she be right beside Nate tending to the chickens and planting seeds in the greenhouse or will she be another wild child like Lucas armed with an amazing imagination? Will she be like me ? Growing up here on the farm, chasing her brothers around with frogs, cutting her own hair when it is in the way, a real tom boy? Will she fish with her brothers, craft with her Momma, and cook with her Daddy?

Time will tell.

Warm Welcome Millie Mae.

I am over the moon that you are here, my lil' pea pod.

10 comments:

  1. A girl!! How sweet and she's absolutely beautiful. And I hope you don't mind my sharing this with you...my grandmother passed away early Valentine's morning and to see new life, a new baby girl fills my heart with joy and I know my grandma would have felt the same.

    Welcome Millie Mae!
    ~Andrea~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tears in my eyes as I type.

    I love her.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How absolutely over the moon delightful! What a precious baby! Enjoy and give her a hug from us here in Maine. Congrats to you too Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I have tears in my eyes. Snifferoo that was nice. She looks like her brothers. love her to bits already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, your blog is poetry. It makes me weep. Welcome, cherished Millie. Your brother Nate will be so pleased to have a sister who looks just like him! And Lucas will be so pleased to be able to introduce his little sister to all his favourite farm adventures. Congrats, Mommy and Daddy. You did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your lovely daughter! Sounds like you had your home birth! My sister is being induced tomorrow because her little peanut doesn't seem to want to make an appearance and they fear he's getting a bit too big. (His sister came into the world weighing 10 lbs 3 oz!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huge congratulations! And I can't think of a better start for a baby. Do they make overalls that small?!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to everyone for your warm comments! I can't help but read them and choke back some tears....emotions are running pretty high lately.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Third time's the charm! I'm sure Natie and Lukie are impressed with their (big) little sister. I hope everyone's doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It "> Related Posts with Thumbnails Pin It